The Churchill House was built by Ezra Churchill in 1860 for his son John Wiley Churchill as a wedding gift. The Churchills were the owners of Hantsport's largest shipbuilding company. Ezra and his wife Ann had 11 children, two of which were sons who both worked for their father in the ship building industry. John lived here with his wife and two daughters, Violet and Laura, until his death. The first floor of the house was restored in 1966 as a Canadian centennial project, and two upstairs rooms were done in 1978.
A complete description of the house and some of its history can be found here.
For more information, contact us at:
See our "Weddings" page for the Rental Agreement and Fee Guide.